Sacred Heart Parish has several Ministries, which are essential in the building of the parish and its members.
- Music Ministry – The Parish is looking to identify “Leaders of Song” who are committed to lead to parish in songs of worship. The parish is also looking for musicians to support musical worship during Mass. For more information or to volunteer, contact the Pastor at 079 013-8985.
- Liturgical Planning Ministry – This committee will involve committed volunteers to meet and help plan for upcoming events and feasts. This committee must be creative and innovative, and consider how best to grow and engage the parish community.
- Lectors – Lector training sessions are ongoing and when they occur, the schedules are posted on the Calendar page on this website and in the current edition of HEARTBEAT. For those who have proclaimed the Word at Mass but have not yet received training or those would like to begin, please e-mail email@example.com to register for upcoming dates of lector trainings.
- Altar Servers – Assisting at the altar at Mass has been a traditional privilege for centuries, and is now open to boys and girls, men and women. To volunteer for this ministry, contact the Pastor by phone or email.
- Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist – With a special dispensation from the Bishop, our Parish is allowed to have Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist to help distribute Holy Communion at Mass and to take the Sacrament to the sick. In this Vicariate, only men are allowed to serve in this role. Contact the Pastor if you would like to volunteer.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW) – At the Saturday Mass at Sweifieh, younger children are invited to go with a volunteer up to the “silent” room overlooking the church, where the Word of God is presented to them in a way they can understand.
To participate in the above ministries and for further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.